LINGUA AMATA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LINGUA AMATA

Forumul de discutii si creatii al celor de la Voievodul Mircea, Tgv.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Books

Go down 
+30
vladis
RpR
mysterio
gabi
mihaixb
zarnescu_vali
Dumitru Valentina
Basscata
nanciu
cata_honey
F3lin@
Flllory
dima
SILVIU_ANDREI
deea
Mihaela Mazare
ramona
popescu remus
togoe alexandru
flooo
Gangster
andreea_tudor
Bya*bo
ruxxandra
Mephisto
simona_4mas
Sw33t_yO
Vyruss
Cozmin
Admin
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dumitru Valentina
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:53 pm

Great Expectation

Pip greatly admires Joe when he's a boy--blacksmith or a prince, Joe's class status makes no difference. It is not until later, when he learns that the world cares about class, that Joe's status matters to Pip.Estella's insults--that Pip is "common" and has coarse hands, hit young Pip particularly hard. He has had no occasion to think about his class status before this, and now that he does, he's disturbed to think he might be "common.Joe’s word"that you can't rise out of commonness by being crooked," show that he sees a person's class as a product of their morals and behavior, not of how much money they possess.Biddy tells Pip that Estella is probably not worth loving if Pip has to impress her as a gentleman first; she doesn't buy the notion that love can happen only after one is determined to be of an comparable class. At this stage in his life, however, Pip is not to be swayed from his belief that he'll only get the finer things in life by becoming a gentleman. With the news of his inheritance, Pip gets even more snobby and condescending toward Joe. Pip seems to think that he's made a tremendous leap in class status just by getting richer, and that money has made him a better man than Joe. Although Jaggers associates with "high-class" characters like Miss Havisham, his clients are all from the lower classes. This is a hint that Pip's benefactor, as a client of Jaggers', might not be a gentleman or gentlewoman.
Mrs. Pocket is another character with affected notions of class. Instead of responding to the very real need of her six children for a good and attentive mother, she spends her days with her head in the clouds, contemplating dubious connections she might have to Royalty. When Joe visits Pip at Barnard's Inn, he realizes he and Pip are growing apart. He has a much more tolerant attitude about these differences, expressed in his quote referring "blacksmiths, whitesmiths and coppersmiths" on page 260, than Pip. When Pip returns for Mrs. Joe's funeral, he assures Biddy he'll be traveling to the marshes much more frequently, to keep up with Joe. Biddy doubts this; she seems to realize that Pip has distanced himself too much in his own mind from Joe's "type" of person to ever return. Everything changes for Pip when he learns the class status of his benefactor. Suddenly, he is not of gentlewoman's stock but of prison stock. Magwitch is a victim of rigid class structures, a kind-hearted man who was never able to rise out of the status into which he was born. Compeyson, on the other hand, was born into a better class and consequently, even though he's a crueler man, gets better treatment. Pip believes he can return to the marshes after Magwitch's death and resume life there as if he had never left for London. The fact is, however, that he is a changed man and to go back and live a satisfied life in his old village, would probably be impossible. Ultimately, Pip gets along in the world through his own hard work. His original expectations of being lifted out of his class by means of money, are replaced eventually with a more humble ethic of honest work.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dumitru Valentina
Villager
Villager

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 8:47 pm

-Great Expectation- :)

The story is about the poor boy who was tidy to Miss Havisham.She have a child names Estella.
Pip,the principal personage of the story,was helped by Miss Havisham to leave in england to study.
Here he is studing a lot of things and he satisfy his wish which he has since was a child,to become a gentelman study Razz
Back to top Go down
zarnescu_vali
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:07 pm

the last book i read is" ion" bay Liviu Rebrenu.big book ,big big book ....(dimension) affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
mihaixb
Villager
Villager
mihaixb

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: BOOKS   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:56 pm

The last book i read is "Ion" by Liviu Rebreanu.I read this book because it is necessary.I started reading "Enigma Otiliei" by George Calinescu.
Back to top Go down
gabi
Villager
Villager
gabi

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Books!!!   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:00 pm

The last book i read was "Enigma Otiliei" by George Calinescu.This book is very interesting and it's necesary for school.
Other books:"ion" ,"Mara"...etc
Back to top Go down
mysterio
Villager
Villager
mysterio

Number of posts : 11

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:26 pm

The Lord of the Rings is a 1978 animated fantasy film directed by Ralph Bakshi. It is an adaptation of the first half of J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Set in Middle-earth, the film follows a group of hobbits, elves, men, dwarves and wizards who form a Fellowship. They embark on a quest to destroy the One Ring made by the Dark Lord Sauron, and ensure his destruction. The film features the voices of William Squire, John Hurt, Michael Graham Cox and Anthony Daniels. The screenplay was written by Peter S. Beagle, based on an earlier draft by Chris Conkling.

Director Ralph Bakshi encountered Tolkien's writing early in his career, and had made several attempts to produce The Lord of the Rings as an animated film before being given funding by producer Saul Zaentz and distributor United Artists. The film is notable for its extensive use of rotoscoping, a technique in which scenes are first shot in live-action, then traced onto animation cels. Although the film was a financial success, it received a mixed reaction from critics, and the original distributors refused to fund a sequel to cover the remainder of the story. However, the film sparked new interest in Tolkien's writing, inspiring the production of several further adaptations of the story.
Back to top Go down
RpR
Squire
Squire
RpR

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:26 pm

The Lord of the Rings film trilogy comprises three live-action fantasy epic films: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) (often abbreviated to 'LotR', 'FotR', 'TTT' and 'RotK').[1] The trilogy is based on the book The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, and while it follows the book's general storyline, it also features some additions to and deviations from the source material.

Set in the fictional world of Middle-earth, the three films follow the young hobbit Frodo Baggins as he and a Fellowship embark on a quest to destroy the One Ring, and thus ensure the destruction of the Dark Lord Sauron. However, the Fellowship breaks and Frodo continues the quest together with his loyal companion Sam and the treacherous Gollum. Meanwhile, the wizard Gandalf and Aragorn, heir in exile to the throne of Gondor, unite and rally the Free Peoples of Middle-earth in several battles culminating in the War of the Ring. The wizard Saruman is defeated, The Ring is destroyed, and Sauron and his forces are vanquished.

The films were written, produced and directed by Peter Jackson, co-written by Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens and distributed by New Line Cinema. Considered to be one of the biggest movie projects ever undertaken, with an overall budget of $280 million, the entire project took eight years, with the filming for all three films done simultaneously and entirely in Jackson's native New Zealand.

The trilogy was a large financial success, with the films being the 14th, 7th and 2nd most successful of all time, respectively, unadjusted for inflation. The films were critically acclaimed, winning 17 Academy Awards in total, as well as wide praise for the cast and for the innovative practical and digital special effects.[2][3][4] Each film in the trilogy also had Special Extended Editions (SEE), released a year after the theatrical release on DVD. Two prequels, one based on The Hobbit, are in development for 2010 and 2011 releases.
Back to top Go down
RpR
Squire
Squire
RpR

Number of posts : 49

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:30 pm

The latest book I've read is Summer Lighting by P.G.Woodehouse
A very good one!Very Happy ,but I will not recommend it!
Back to top Go down
vladis
Villager
Villager
vladis

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:51 am

The latest book I read "Ion" by Liviu Rebreanu becouse it`s necesary for me and for school. I`m in same class with more writer on this forum, therefore I read each last book . Wink
Back to top Go down
Odios
Villager
Villager
Odios

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:26 am

Harry Potter is the best and favorit character sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.rombook.com
Dumitru Valentina
Villager
Villager

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:44 pm

I didn't read the books, but I have seen a part of the film.Is interesting, but I don't like this type the film, because is very unreal No
Back to top Go down
Sw33t_yO
Squire
Squire
Sw33t_yO

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:37 am

"Tell me what you read and write to tell you who you are!"
The reader means the person who understand a book...

I like books like:
Like a Star @ heaven "Scarlett" by Alexandra Ripley;
Like a Star @ heaven "Gone on the wind" by Margaret Mitchell;
Like a Star @ heaven "Romeo and Juliet " - William Shakespeare;
Back to top Go down
Symy
Villager
Villager
Symy

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: book   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:48 pm

The last book i've reed is "Tess of the d'urbervilles". Tess is the protagonist, an uneducated pretty country girl whit a good heart and a sensitive soul. The book speacks about her life, about how she transformed herself in a waman. study
Back to top Go down
ALIAS
Villager
Villager
ALIAS

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:02 pm

The last book i've read is The catcher in the Ray. The book revolves around Holden Caulfield a 17 year old boy who gets kicked out of Pencey Prep in Agerstown and his journey home where he must tell his parents he got kicked-out the fourth school he has attended.
Back to top Go down
abigaella_raluca
Villager
Villager
abigaella_raluca

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:06 pm

my favourite books are:
-romeo and juliet by william shakespeare
-sense & sensibility by Jane Austin